Sunday, February 2, 2014

Happy Scrappy New Year!!

Well, it looks like we are now into a new year.  Thank heavens, because the last two months have been tedious with recovering from a surgery and then getting hit with the flu bug. We started out the New Year right, however, by getting scrappy with a few friends on January 2nd. The day was like a ray of sunshine beaming down on us. We scrapped and ate (everyone pitched in with a delicious feast) and giggled and laughed.

In December, I put together a wallet mini album that I came across in one of my You Tube journeys. Thanks to Dawn at Dawn's Inspirations (www.dawnsinspirations.com).....I was able to create the wallet mini. My friend, Janet (Hilltop Creations) and I were sharing some Christmas cards when she came across the wallet, and took an instant shine to it. So in our little January crop, we just HAD to make more. And we did.

I was a tad late in posting this project, but buddy Janet managed to get her pics uploaded to her blog over at Hilltop Creations. This was so much fun to create, and I believe I have introduced Janet to jump beyond the traditional cardmaking.....lol...sorry Janet! Anyhow, here are more pics of the Wallet Mini....
This shows the top flap lifted up, then the next (bottom) flap folds down, and each of the side flaps fold outwards.  But that's not all....
Each side flap opens to reveal additional photo/journalling spots, pockets and spots for tags. It's an amazing little mini that can hold at least 10 4x6 photos and several tags for more photos or journalling spots.
 
And then I did another, using Momento papers from another 8x8 paper pad...
....with an added extra bottom flap.....

 
This was a very quick project that can be completed in a few hours, and definitely a breath of fresh air from the minis that take upwards of 20 to 30+ hours to create. Loved this mini!
 
Thanks again go to Dawn for sharing her fabulous Wallet mini at Dawn's Inspirations blog. Such a talented lady :)
 
Hope you enjoyed my ramblings, and maybe found a new project to play with!
Happy Scrapping :)
 

4 comments:

  1. Yes love these wallets and have made a few more.. you do such great work and so willing to share.. it was fun.. take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet! So happy that you adored these as much as I do :).... Debbie :)

      Delete
  2. Wish I would have been more in the mood to make one of these that day! I really like the leather looking paper that you used on that one! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was wonderful to meet you at the crop! These are adorable and the look changes with every paper collection used ;)

    ReplyDelete